• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

mletang

mletang

Donator

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
This happened yesterday after upgrading my iTunes software and then restoring my iPad 2 to the new iOS 5. I tried setting up my iPad with my usual iTunes login which has never been given me an issue. It kept saying my password was incorrect. Just for the sake of time I completed setting up iOS 5 using another account, a different account that I used to setup iCloud. When I tried to start downloading apps from the AppStore I kept getting an incorrect password error. I tired resetting the password using iforgot but the email was never sent to me from apple (tried several times). I called apple, they have no clue what to do bc they can't access my account information. I had to email iTunes support, they do not take calls. They asked me to send them a confirmation of a purchase I made using my original account as they cannot find my account in their system. I did that and am waiting to hear back.

My only concern is that I have purchased a bunch of apps with this account. I can easily make another iTunes account but I'll have to buy the apps again. I am expecting two iPhone 4S's tomorrow, one I bought with my apple account last week so clearly my account was working up until then. obviously installous won't be an option for the apps I paid for as the iPhone 4S is not jailbroken yet, neither is the iPad 2 on iOS 5.

Anyone have this happen to them or have any thoughts?

x-bot

x-bot

x-bot

• Ad-Bot
  • Ad post

ThatSammyBoy

ThatSammyBoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
God, im having the exact same problem.
I´ve started two tickets at Itunes support, but havent heard from them yet.
At the moment i cant download any apps, set up iCloud or even get my old apps to download!
And this after having a ***** of a time to be able to update to iOS 5 :(.

How did you send them "a confirmation of a purchase made"?
And what else kind of information will they need from me?
Cant understand why iForgot says "You dont have an apple id with that email", and why isnt it sending me the resetted password to my mail?

Hopefully someone has a solution to this

/ThatSammyBoy

Markallison

Markallison

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

1318540776[/url]' post='654800']
This happened yesterday after upgrading my iTunes software and then restoring my iPad 2 to the new iOS 5. I tried setting up my iPad with my usual iTunes login which has never been given me an issue. It kept saying my password was incorrect. Just for the sake of time I completed setting up iOS 5 using another account, a different account that I used to setup iCloud. When I tried to start downloading apps from the AppStore I kept getting an incorrect password error. I tired resetting the password using iforgot but the email was never sent to me from apple (tried several times). I called apple, they have no clue what to do bc they can't access my account information. I had to email iTunes support, they do not take calls. They asked me to send them a confirmation of a purchase I made using my original account as they cannot find my account in their system. I did that and am waiting to hear back.

My only concern is that I have purchased a bunch of apps with this account. I can easily make another iTunes account but I'll have to buy the apps again. I am expecting two iPhone 4S's tomorrow, one I bought with my apple account last week so clearly my account was working up until then. obviously installous won't be an option for the apps I paid for as the iPhone 4S is not jailbroken yet, neither is the iPad 2 on iOS 5.

Anyone have this happen to them or have any thoughts?

I am also having the same pro have been on to apple and it also baffling them wewereon phone 2 hours trying to sort out with no answer they are looking in to the problem more and getting back to me. Over the past 2 years used same account and pass word but when said about conformation I did not get an email. I have created a new account which is working fine. But now wanting to update apps and can't as asks for old iD password which I do not have now as deleted and in turn can't update rang apple as frustrated now got iPhone 4s and again can't update apps transfere fine just won't update. Have you had any answers to your problem

Markallison

Markallison

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

1319615573[/url]' post='659107']
I am also having the same pro have been on to apple and it also baffling them wewereon phone 2 hours trying to sort out with no answer they are looking in to the problem more and getting back to me. Over the past 2 years used same account and pass word but when said about conformation I did not get an email. I have created a new account which is working fine. But now wanting to update apps and can't as asks for old iD password which I do not have now as deleted and in turn can't update rang apple as frustrated now got iPhone 4s and again can't update apps transfere fine just won't update. Have you had any answers to your problem

My email address is kalelmark@yahoo.co.uk. If you send me an email maybe we could sort out this problem and will explain all what apple as told me don't think it's to do with ios5 update thinks its more security then before as before was never asked to verifi iD

IPB skins by Skinbox