PigPox

CRAzY Pig

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7063 posts

Posted Image

Hello.
Here are the news of the 4S week-end.
The untether fails right now because I'm having processor cache issues.
I'm close, but I can't figure out what happens. It certainly has something to do with the Cortex-A9 cache management.
I could sort it out quick, it's a matter of chance.
I'll report you my progress tomorrow.

BTW: I removed (sorry) the greetings messages so that only articles related to the jailbreak remain in the main page. AFAIK Blogger don't have the option to move or fusion messages while keeping the comments.

Ciao!
pod2g

For the tech guys, here is a link explaining issues related to self modifying code ( or code patching ) on the ARM platform : http://blogs.arm.com...modifying-code/

UPDATE: Another news : I discussed with @saurik today about the launchd boot process, and he's found one missing piece of the puzzle I needed to have a perfectly stable jailbreak. He's definitly one of the best iOS gurus out there. Thank you saurik!

Update 5---

No more cache troubles
OK, figured it out, the A5 cache is not a problem anymore.
I sorted it out by doing the untether in a single thread and by flushing all the dcache then all the icache in a row at a strategical point of the process.

It took me like a hundred of tests to find the key. Hard for the nerves.

For the tech guys, here is a link explaining issues related to self modifying code ( or code patching ) on the ARM platform : http://blogs.arm.com...modifying-code/

Another news : I discussed with @saurik today about the launchd boot process, and he's found one missing piece of the puzzle I needed to have a perfectly stable jailbreak. He's definitly one of the best iOS gurus out there. Thank you saurik!

Posted by pod2g at 2:02 AM

As usual we will keep you up to date with the latest.

Posted Image

You Tried it from xRepo? You Like it? then Buy it!! That's our Purpose as xSeLLiZe.

Leechers are not welcome Here. i Will Put my Foot Down weather you like it or not.

x-bot

x-bot

x-bot

• Ad-Bot
  • Ad post

occy30

occy30

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts
PigPox. I really appreciate the update. Good luck with the cache issue!

Scitzofrenic

Scitzofrenic

GOD

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

PigPox. I really appreciate the update. Good luck with the cache issue!

Pod2G is the hacker/cracker working on the JB. PigPox is just the reporter avenue.

Singa

Singa

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
Pod2g high ‚úč

sariel

sariel

Jailbroken

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts
y he dosnt release the iphone 4 jailbrake

hotstuff2

hotstuff2

Pwned

• +Contributor
  • 607 posts

y he dosnt release the iphone 4 jailbrake

Because it's not ready, it's still being tested, and it'll get released when it's ready for the masses. Posted Image

You want it faster, how about YOU do some coding and write the jailbreak, then release it? Posted Image

ichoppryde

ichoppryde

Donator

• +Contributor
  • 888 posts
OMG yesssss I am so excited right now :) I felt like this day would never come I hope everyone donates to this lovely human bring for being so awesome and getting us a 4s jailbreak! Can't wait should be any day now ya? :)

Because it's not ready, it's still being tested, and it'll get released when it's ready for the masses. Posted Image

You want it faster, how about YOU do some coding and write the jailbreak, then release it? Posted Image

The new version of ressn0w is out and jailbreaks the iPhone 4 and previous models.
iPhone 4S
Firmware 5.0.1
Jailbroken

BNH_BNA_forever

BNH_BNA_forever

BrandonHacks

• +Contributor
  • 2048 posts
^ yeah and it's still tethered. Read things first.

Dazza1

Dazza1

• +Contributor
  • 1041 posts
Nice my 4s will soon surpass everything that Crapple intended it to do I can't wait to get the new intelliscreen and get back my iRealSMS :) PS say thanks by Repping the the founder of the artical Pigpox ;)

Edited by Dazza1, 19 December 2011 - 07:24 PM.

reymago

reymago

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

^ yeah and it's still tethered. Read things first.

yeah but you can make it semi-tethered for the, I'm pretty sure the devs have a really good reason not to release the untethered jb as yet.
:ph34r:

dinobravo6

dinobravo6

• +Contributor
  • 1070 posts

yeah but you can make it semi-tethered for the, I'm pretty sure the devs have a really good reason not to release the untethered jb as yet.
:ph34r:

Wow Im always amazed by those that expect things to happen on their time opposed to the guys that spend COUNT.LESS hours working on this for us for FREE!!!
I'm thinking the really good reason is because maybe they are going to wait for apple to drop 5.1 so they can't patch the exploit they found that will allow us to JB all device hence throwing their VERY hard work out the window? What do ya think good idea? I think it's a pretty strong reason why it's not and won't be released until 5.1 drops!!!!

Opacity

Opacity

Whats an iPhone

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts
Ahhhhhhhhh so excited!!!! Is this the same news for the iPad 2 as well?
Keep up the good work everybody!

Posted Image

mrkay

mrkay

Donator

• +Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
this is great news!

BNH_BNA_forever

BNH_BNA_forever

BrandonHacks

• +Contributor
  • 2048 posts
Thanks for that update we should be seeing something soon!

Singa

Singa

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
Pod2g, awsome job man !!! Thx

Scitzofrenic

Scitzofrenic

GOD

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts
Im calling my bets right now: IF this JB is not released by new year's day, we will not see it until 5.1 drops.

That's my call.

fred704

fred704

Jailbroken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
got so excited! sold my ip4 today and going to get 4s later

Romeo26222

Romeo26222

• +Contributor
  • 664 posts
good news to hear, pod2g is the new jailbreak genius, to have a jailbreak to ALL apple devices this is really impressive work..
but I can't stop asking my self, if Geohot was still in the scene, how could he take to jailbreak these A5 CPU with a boot-rom level exploits!!

cvalentine

cvalentine

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
@PigPox: Thanks for the Info! The tech-info link you provided is broken though (missing the middle part in favor of periods).

What I would be really interested in was the compatibility of pod2g's JB with 5.1 Beta1/2... I guess he's not gonna give away any hints about that, because he's quite paranoid about possible leaks and clues that would help Apple to pin his exploit down (at least he said so himself). I think he should take the risk and wait for the 5.1 release with the hopefully fixed battery issue if it was compatible so far.
Otherwise we'd have a perfect JB for an flawed iOS version and the hopefully fixed iOS5.1 would most certainly be patched.
So it all comes down who this JB should work for - the average iPhone user who wants an 1-Click-JB aka. the masses, or the average Xsellize user that has his Blobs and SHSHs saved and can revert to 5.0.1 if it's really the last working version this JB is compatible with.

I go with the waiting. And that's coming from someone that sits on 2 brand new not even unboxed iPad2... (Can't open or Blob-save them 'cause they are presents!!! ;-() So pleeeease Apple, don't close the 5.0.1 window before the 24th ;-) And please Pod2g, be a good Santa!!!

EDIT: BAM, in your face! http://pod2g-ios.blogspot.com/ Can you smell it?! ;-)

Edited by cvalentine, 20 December 2011 - 08:53 AM.

derangedboar

derangedboar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Can't wait. I wish I had money to spare for donating. But I don't :(

IPB skins by Skinbox
-->