10 replies to this topic

CrankySnorlax

CrankySnorlax

Bodyslam!

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted Image

The iPhone 5 is rumored to be released on the September or October release schedule this 2012. This would be similar to what occurred with the iPhone 4S. This comes from the Japanese news site Macotakara:

According to Asian reliable source, the next iPhone will be released in September or October, and this cycle seems to be kept for years.

The iPhone 4S was the first phone to follow such a release cycle. Previous generations of the devices would follow a summer cycle, with the devices releasing during the month of June or July. However, when the iPhone 4S moved to the fall release cycle, it resulted in record breaking sales for the iPhone and an excellent quarter for Apple. Maybe that is what is making Apple stick to such a release cycle?

via iMore

x-bot

x-bot

x-bot

• Ad-Bot
  • Ad post

firstpirate

firstpirate

Lazy PiRaTe

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
i cant update as just upgraded to the iphone 4s
TBH though i gotta stop upgrading as soon as a phone comes out as the 4s taught me a valuable lesson - wait for a JB first :)

metalduster

metalduster

Whats an iPhone

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts
I'm sticking to 4 and I forgot the 4s and when 5 will come then I'll upgrade

ipodtouchdude

ipodtouchdude

Donator

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts
Why are people calling it the iPhone 5, it's the iPhone 6.

iPhone (2G, 1st), iPhone 3G (2nd), iPhone 3GS (3rd), iPhone 4 (4th) and iPhone 4S (5th). So the new iPhone is the iPhone 6.

vinaygoel2000

vinaygoel2000

xSellize Fan

• +Contributor
  • 2852 posts
Or it could be iPhone 4SX.

orbliveguy

orbliveguy

Jailbroken

• +Contributor
  • 845 posts

iPhone (2G, 1st), iPhone 3G (2nd), iPhone 3GS (3rd), iPhone 4 (4th) and iPhone 4S (5th). So the new iPhone is the iPhone 6.

Yes, it technically is the 6th generation iPhone but people are using similar logic as to its name based on the previous releases of the iPhone "3" series iphones. Granted that the naming premise of the iPhone 3G was originally based on the addition of the "3G" data feature however it would almost seem more logical for the new phone to be named an iphone 5 or even something with a "4G" in the title (if 4G data is compatible), rather than an iphone 6. JMO

Edited by orbliveguy, 21 February 2012 - 04:55 PM.

AGT

AGT

Jailbroken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Yeah I agree with orbliveguy... you are missing the iPhone 3G which had a slightly different form factor, better camera, etc. so it was not just a network data capability it was another model

Edited by AGT, 21 February 2012 - 07:34 PM.

firstpirate

firstpirate

Lazy PiRaTe

• +Contributor
  • 750 posts
whatever it called - im skipping it

can afford to as im sure there be another one along soon :)

CrankySnorlax

CrankySnorlax

Bodyslam!

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
It's Called an iPHone 5 because it will be an iPhone 5 logically. Of course it is a different generation iPhone but the fact is the fact.

tradesteady

tradesteady

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I just get the rumors that Apple will not release the iPhone 5, instead of it, will skip iphone 5 to iphone 6 directly,,,,
have no idea until it comes the launch day!!!

Betabot

Betabot

Pwned

• Members
  • 954 posts
I don't think apple will call it the iPhone 6 as they will miss out on having a iPhone 5.

IPB skins by Skinbox
-->