• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Bought a new iPod Touch today

5.0.1 (9A405) Mac OSX

Tried first, Redsn0w

redsn0w_mac_0.9.10b1
redsn0w_mac_0.9.10b2
redsn0w_mac_0.9.10b5c

None of them would put me into proper DFU mode although I have done it many times before.
I think one time it did? ( Ive been at this so much I cant remember clearly now what I did in what order)
Basically it didn't work.
It couldn't pick up information I believe it was

Finally tried Pwnage Tool
browsed and downnloaded "iPod4,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw "
from this I had "iPod4,1_5.0.1_9A405_Custom_Restore.ipsw " placed on my desktop

opened iTunes, pressed on OPTION and restore and browsed to the file on my desktop
went through the whole thing and then it came back and told me that........sighs, i cant remember now the exact wording but basically it wasn't going to work for my version.
was a brick but a quick jolt in Tiny Umbrella brought it back from restore mode I think it was
so, I am back to 0 again ;-(

Am I brain dead tonight? (am exhausted)

I SHOULD be able to jailbreak this should i not???

TIA

x-bot

x-bot

x-bot

• Ad-Bot
  • Ad post

CrankySnorlax

CrankySnorlax

Bodyslam!

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
Well usually when using redsn0w u put the device into DFU mode... U sound like as if you thought the program would... Maybe that's the problem?

r0bop0lo

r0bop0lo

I Bite

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2501 posts
If you want to put the device into DFU mode, hold the home and power button. Once the screen shuts off, count to five and release the power button.

Although you don't need DFU mode at all to jailbreak an iPod Touch 4. Just restore to iOS 5.0.1 normally using iTunes, and use Greenpois0n Absinthe to jailbreak.

Edited by r0bop0lo, 22 February 2012 - 07:52 AM.

Posted Image

ShelaghDB

ShelaghDB

Advanced Member

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
I WAS following their EXACT instructions which wasnt working well

Hold Power Button for 3 seconds
Then hold both Home/Power for 10
Leave Power button
Hold HOme for 14 seconds but it wasn't working

Absinthe is only for iPhone4S and iPad2.

Edited by ShelaghDB, 22 February 2012 - 01:17 PM.

ShelaghDB

ShelaghDB

Advanced Member

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
I have jailbroken my iphone so many times but for some reason, the ipod touch just wont go into this needed mode the same way-- Posted Image

gonna try again and then i give up for now

ShelaghDB

ShelaghDB

Advanced Member

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

I have jailbroken my iphone so many times but for some reason, the ipod touch just wont go into this needed mode the same way-- Posted Image

gonna try again and then i give up for now

ive done it numerous times to no avail

i turn the itouch off

i hold both power and home button for 10 seconds
take my finger off of the power button
continue to home for another 10

all it does is tur the iTouch back on

there has to be a different method to turning on the ipod touch, rather than an iphone into dfu mode?

im not a newbie at this but it just wont work Posted Image

I have also tried holdig the power button for 3 seconds
holding both buttons for 10
letting go of the power button
holding home for 14 seconds

IT ONLY goes into recovery mode
there must be a different method?

Edited by ShelaghDB, 22 February 2012 - 01:44 PM.

PigPox

PigPox

CRAzY Pig

• +Contributor
  • 7068 posts
u can use programs as a guide to get into it as they o the count for you.. like ireb redsn0w or sn0wbreeze they all have a dfu tut on them so it goes into dfu

Posted Image

You Tried it from xRepo? You Like it? then Buy it!! That's our Purpose as xSeLLiZe.

Leechers are not welcome Here. i Will Put my Foot Down weather you like it or not.

vinaygoel2000

vinaygoel2000

xSellize Fan

• +Contributor
  • 2852 posts

ive done it numerous times to no avail

i turn the itouch off

i hold both power and home button for 10 seconds
take my finger off of the power button
continue to home for another 10

all it does is tur the iTouch back on

there has to be a different method to turning on the ipod touch, rather than an iphone into dfu mode?

im not a newbie at this but it just wont work Posted Image

I have also tried holdig the power button for 3 seconds
holding both buttons for 10
letting go of the power button
holding home for 14 seconds

IT ONLY goes into recovery mode
there must be a different method?

Your step 1 is wrong where u say "tunr ipod off".

Leave ipod on and unlocked, press & hold power & home for 10 seconds and then let go of power but keep holding home. You'll be in DFU mode in about 6 seconds.

ShelaghDB

ShelaghDB

Advanced Member

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Your step 1 is wrong where u say "tunr ipod off".

Leave ipod on and unlocked, press & hold power & home for 10 seconds and then let go of power but keep holding home. You'll be in DFU mode in about 6 seconds.

I have tried it turned off, I have tried it turned on.
I have put my iphones in dft mode about 2-3 dozen times
i am not new to dfu mode

but or some reason it wont work on this iTouch 4

The instructions on redsn0w specifically say it must be turned off.
I wondered as well for they say to hold the power button for 3 seconds and then the home button together but by that point, its turned on and doesn't work

when i turn it on as per your suggestion, as soon as i try to hold both buttons it either takes a screenshot OR goes into voice control

due to the number of times i have put stuff into DFU mode, I dont believe this is me screwing up but that the method must be different for iTOUCH 4 than anything before it.........when I now look on google, i see TONS of people with the same problem
Everyone else as well is following the normal instruction but it doesn't seem to be working for them either.

So far i have not found anyone who has said they have tried it numerous times either as I have, but found the answer for if they have, they neer post back on it so i am still looking but there are too many people also complaining of this, not just me.......

So far i have tried everything that everyone has suggested and all the ways to get into DFU normally but nothing is working.

And yes, I have followed the instructions on redsnOw to a T numerous times
it does NOT work
it wont go into DFU mode, but only recovery mode

i am nt sure that redsnOw was made for iTouch specifically but on an iphone i bet it does work
but not in iTouch 4 it doesnt

Just to make sure i am not so tired from this i am doing it wrong but the POWER button is the one on the top right of the ipod and the HOME button is the round button on the face of the iTouch at the bottom.
I een wondered if i had that backwards LOL

You do it so man times and it fails each time and u begin to wonder if you are just making a silly mistake over and over that you cannot see but that does not seem to be the case here

I am hoping that someone that has done it on the iTouch can tell me for its not the same method as doing the iphone or even earlier iTouches I have done and worked---its just this one that wont

I have also seen 1-2 people say you do not need to do it into dfu mode for the itouch 4 but i have no idea what they mean as no one has elaborated and so far i have not found anything about this in a google search

Here is just one thread of others who like myself have put many things into dfu mode but it wont work for this iTouch 4
feel free to read the comments, past the 4th or 5th on this thread but so far i cannot find the solution

Someone MUST know?

http://forum.pocketa...hread.php?t=566

Edited by ShelaghDB, 22 February 2012 - 10:23 PM.

ShelaghDB

ShelaghDB

Advanced Member

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Thanks but theres no point in anyone else trying to help unless they have actually encountered this exact problem themselves and fixed it for I am seeing hundreds of people with the same exact problem as I ad no one seems able to help but all give the same advice seen here, which is only natural to do. Unfortunately it doesn't work though.
So I will just find the answer elsewhere and try to hunt down someone that knows how to fix this. Its not me unable to follow directions but something else. I am just not yet sure what that something else is........
Be aware of this same problem if any new iTouch owners need to jaibreak. Posted Image

But thanks anyone to the few that tried.

Below are the same problems I am having and see time and time again being asked but so far I havent seen one person able to help and of these people that are asking, if anyones managed to get theirs done, no one comes back to the various forums to explain what they did..

i followed the steps for the jailbreak, i pushed the buttons for dfu mode and the jailbreak starts, it says exploiting and then just before the exploiting bar finishes the apple logo shows up on my phone and then my phone just boots up in the middle of the jailbreak, what am i doing wrong/?

hey im trying to jailbreak my itouch (using red snow above) but i cant get it into dfu mode ive tried for hours, im pretty sure i did it right but its not responding? is there anything i might be forgetting to do before? and does the device have to be plugged into a computer with itunes that has the device registered and should the device be in store condition?

i know how to jailbreak but the system keeps saying waiting for reboot and thats all i am waiting for 15mins now

loads it then go's to waiting for reboot and it just sits there and my iphone contues as normal....

Im stuck in waiting for reboot, my ipod rebooted but redsnow sitll says waiting for reboot

i have tried to jailbreak my ipod touch 4 (5.0.1 ios) following all the instructions. I got the latest redsnow and i am working with windows 7.

it keeps saying that it failed (says it is an unrecognized build.

It keeps making the sound that indicates it connects and disconnects, but it still doesnt work.

any advice?

can someone help me hello i have the iphone 4 on 5.0.1, running windows 7 i have downloaded the latest redsnow, i followed the steps for the jailbreak, i pushed the buttons for dfu mode and the jailbreak starts, it says exploiting and then just before the exploiting bar finishes the apple logo shows up on my phone and then my phone just boots up in the middle of the jailbreak, what am i doing wrong/?

Same here.....looks like no one checks this forum. I'm going to try going to extras and directing it to a ispw file. We shouldn't have to do that though.

and it continues...

thanks anyhow

no need to answer any more

i have given up for now

ShelaghDB

ShelaghDB

Advanced Member

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
PROBLEM SOLVED

Finally figured it out and as I said all along, it was not the usual method used.
I had tried making an IPSW file last night, and then pressing Options in iTunes directing it to it, etc but that failed so i assuemd that the IPSW method did not work.

Long story short, in redsn0w you MUST first click on the
SELECT IPSW button and I suppose it makes a new one but I already had made one last night that didnt work through iTunes but
when you do it this way though redsn0w you dont go through iTunes so it worked

In any event, once it had a new IPSW file, it recognized it and from that point on, getting into DFU mode was easy

For some reason, a new iTouch seems to need t his other IPSW file otherwise I would still be trying to get into DFU mode.

As stated earlier, I knew it was going to be something different from t he usual method of either getting into DFU mode, or going through iTunes after pressing Options and Restore.

Problem finally solved but for anyone else with an iTouch 4 problem in 5.0.1 getting into DFU mode, THIS IS the answer.........and no where a anywhere on the web did I see this but one little poster a few days ago that did it and it worked for him. So I followed and it worked for me

Edited by ShelaghDB, 23 February 2012 - 01:29 AM.

Kakarot1925

Kakarot1925

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Im not sure where but that problem was mentioned and the same solution the 2nd day the jailbreak came out cause i remember i read it when jailbreaking my iTouch 4g 5.0.1.

signaturere.png

LilLovey

LilLovey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
http://www.iphonehac...ng-redsn0w.html
This is the site i used and I got my ipod touch 4 jail broke on the first try with no problem. That was my first time ever putting it into DFU mode

IPB skins by Skinbox