8 replies to this topic

CrankySnorlax

CrankySnorlax

Bodyslam!

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted Image

According to many iPhone users who have reported so, Apple has seem to fixed the issue with its activation server, resulting in the SAM unlock method no longer working.

So to those who were able to unlock, congratulations for doing so, and make sure you backup your activation ticket with either redsn0w or manually.

Even though no official confirmation from the iPhone Dev Team was given about this method of unlock being dead, the amount of users all over the web reporting they are having problems unlocking should suffice as a final confirmation.

However, just because the unlock is dead, it does not mean you cannot back it up the activation tickets. This will be useful since you can restore these backed up tickets to any jailbroken iPhone!

So, who was able to unlock via SAM in time?

via iDownloadBlog

x-bot

x-bot

x-bot

• Ad-Bot
  • Ad post

PurpleHaze420

PurpleHaze420

Pwned

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
Ah well, it was nice while it lasted for those people who needed an unlock. :whistling:

Mephisto

Mephisto

Whats an iPhone

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts
I was able to unlock mine but god I had so many friends who wanted it done this weekend .... :( - too bad for them...

Edit:

Out of curiousity how does saving the ticket help me in the future (apart from life saving backup)?

A - Is my phone unlocked to accept ANY sim now (and I copy the backup on every new OS install to unlock)?

B - Can I use the saved tickets on any Locked iphone (4/4s) with my current sim?

Edited by Mephisto, 27 April 2012 - 07:26 PM.

PurpleHaze420

PurpleHaze420

Pwned

• +Contributor
  • 650 posts
By saving your unlock ticket, it will allow you to re-unlock it if you need to restore your phone in the future.

A: Your phone is only unlocked to the specific SIM you used when obtaining the unlock ticket via SAM.

B: I'm reasonably sure that the unlock ticket is only valid on the specific phone used.

Edited by PurpleHaze420, 27 April 2012 - 08:28 PM.

Mephisto

Mephisto

Whats an iPhone

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts
So basically This particular SIM will Only work on This particular phone.

This Sim will not work with another locked phone even if I transfer the tickets :(

Well I'm glad my sim and phone combination is unlocked - future options to changing to a locked phone is not so great - and I can't sell off my phone as an unlocked device... oh well...

RiPMp3z

RiPMp3z

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

So basically This particular SIM will Only work on This particular phone.

This Sim will not work with another locked phone even if I transfer the tickets :(

Well I'm glad my sim and phone combination is unlocked - future options to changing to a locked phone is not so great - and I can't sell off my phone as an unlocked device... oh well...

As of 8:30PM tonight, I was still able to unlock 3GS 5.0.1...luckily.

PurpleHaze420

PurpleHaze420

Pwned

• +Contributor
  • 650 posts

As of 8:30PM tonight, I was still able to unlock 3GS 5.0.1...luckily.

Everyone loves a ninja :ph34r:

Edited by PurpleHaze420, 28 April 2012 - 05:29 AM.

laz305

laz305

Pwned

• Members
  • 940 posts
Ok so if I ran SAM with my AT&T sim inserted then it did not unlock? I have to insert a tmobile sim and then run SAM? But probably too late huh?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

PigPox

PigPox

CRAzY Pig

• +Contributor
  • 7068 posts

Ok so if I ran SAM with my AT&T sim inserted then it did not unlock? I have to insert a tmobile sim and then run SAM? But probably too late huh?

refer to this thread for your info not here thankx :D

http://xsellize.com/...thod-using-sam/

Posted Image

You Tried it from xRepo? You Like it? then Buy it!! That's our Purpose as xSeLLiZe.

Leechers are not welcome Here. i Will Put my Foot Down weather you like it or not.

IPB skins by Skinbox