iFaith 1.5.9 Windows Only ((Update)).
Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:24 AM
- 1.5.9: Now dumps AppleTV 2 models running 5.3/10B809.
- 1.5.9: Fixed bug when when building signed IPSWs with iPhone3,2 blobs.
- 1.5.9: Fixed bug with apticket validation causing a client-side crash on machines not connected to the internet.
- Use iFaith mode after selecting/downloading the appropriate IPSW for your device. You will then be prompted to browse for SHSH blobs for the IPSW you have selected.
- Remember to enter a PWNED DFU state with sn0wbreeze's iREB button in the top bar of sn0wbreeze prior to (SHIFT + Restoring) the custom signed IPSW!
A5(X)/A6(X) Support?: As stated many times in the past, sn0wbreeze cannot be updated to work on A5(X)/A6(X) devices until a low level exploit in DFU or iBoot is found and made public.
A5(X)/A6(X) Baseband Preservation/Hacktivation?
For those running A5(X)/A6(X) devices and need to preserve your baseband, there is nothing you can do at the moment. For those wanting to hacktivate, the only advice I can give is to buy the carrier's SIM (the one its locked to obviously) on ebay. The SIM does not have to be activated with the carrier to activate the phone.