• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

sadam

sadam

Owner

• Super Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1366 posts

We’re all fans of playing retro games on emulators for popular gaming platforms, but Apple unfortunately doesn’t allow such apps into the App Store, because of which jailbreaking usually remains the only other option. Today, we’ll tell you how to install a GBA emulator on your iPhone or iPod touch without jailbreaking.

Made by Riley Testut using ZodTTD’s existing gpSPhone codebase, GBA4iOS will run on iPhone and iPod touch without the need for a jailbreak. It has features like iTunes File sharing, “Open in” integration for ROMs, save support and more. (Note that to play games on the emulator, you’ll need to have GBA ROMs.)

gba4ios-3.jpg

Installing it is fairly simply. Here are the step-by-step instructions:

Open this GitHub link in Safari on your iOS device.
Scroll to the Readme and you should see a big blue button that says “Install app.” Tap on that button, and that should take you to a new page.
Once the page completes cloning the GutHub repo you should see a blue “Next” button. Tap on that.
You should now see a button “Install app via OTA.” When you tap this button, you’ll see an alert asking you for permission.
After giving the needed permission, the download should start like any other app download from the App Store. Once it’s done, open the app and load up a ROM using iTunes File sharing or getting a direct download link in Safari.

Let us know how it goes in the comments below.

x-bot

x-bot

x-bot

• Ad-Bot
  • Ad post

Mike.83

Mike.83

Whats an iPhone

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Just did this.  Put some pokemon games on, the sounds not to good, but they play.  :D

ichoppryde

ichoppryde

Donator

• +Contributor
  • 888 posts
This is absolutely awesome, just installed it seems to work haven't put any Roms yet but I'm running ios7 beta 3 currently so nice to have some jailbroken things with it :)

I got some of my friends who refuse to jailbreak to install this as well and they are loving it this was an awesome find sadam!

Edited by ichoppryde, 15 July 2013 - 12:41 AM.

iPhone 4S
Firmware 5.0.1
Jailbroken

orbliveguy

orbliveguy

Jailbroken

• +Contributor
  • 845 posts

This is absolutely awesome, just installed it seems to work haven't put any Roms yet but I'm running ios7 beta 3 currently so nice to have some jailbroken things with it :)
I got some of my friends who refuse to jailbreak to install this as well and they are loving it this was an awesome find sadam!

I'm not on iOS 7 but I also found these other remotely installable xcode apps (EMU's, iDos, screen recorder apps etc.) here: http://emu4ios.weebl.../downloads.html

Post back if they work. Only downside seems to be that only one can be installed at a time since they all have the same bundle id. Still cool & convenient to install on non-jailbroken devices.

jivid321

jivid321

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

How does this work without jailbreaking?

mrmikey05

mrmikey05

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

I installed this on my iPad ios7 and it work. but the only problem i have is it left a extra installing icon that i cannot remove. Even though I had remove the Emulator itself or reboot the ipad, this extra icon cannot be remove. Any help?

ichoppryde

ichoppryde

Donator

• +Contributor
  • 888 posts
Can't remove it for now just hide it in a folder or something a new update will fix that soon enough.
iPhone 4S
Firmware 5.0.1
Jailbroken

ap0

ap0

mad

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Nice find there

ichoppryde

ichoppryde

Donator

• +Contributor
  • 888 posts
And this is over :( apple shut down the site doing this no longer can sign the certificate to allow us to download it. That was fun while it lasted.
iPhone 4S
Firmware 5.0.1
Jailbroken

IPB skins by Skinbox
-->