• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

lethalfriend

lethalfriend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Hi guys,

Just wanna know how to play .3gp files on iphone. Actually i want to play video clips received via mms, most of the time they are in .3gp format. I have tried the swirlymms' own player but that only plays audio no video unfortunately.:(

So no one can help ??? At least let me know what video formats are supported by swirlymms' built in video player.

Edited by visions, 14 October 2008 - 02:34 PM.
Don't double post, use the edit button.

x-bot

x-bot

x-bot

• Ad-Bot
  • Ad post

Quark0ne

Quark0ne

Pwned

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2970 posts
http://www.google.co...le Search&meta=
Posted Image

lethalfriend

lethalfriend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

I have already googled it but never found anything useful. The above search results just gives the converters that converts the .3gp into .mp4 or any other supported format, but i don't want to convert anything rather i want to play video clips directly received via mms on iphone.

deenybird

deenybird

Pwned

• Members
  • 855 posts

terrible reply for the General Support section...

vlc4iphone + safari DL plugin might work, i've tried but haven't had much success. This is a big problem, i get sms 3gp's all the time and apple didn't offer an easy solution.

Serenity

Serenity

Donator

• +Contributor
  • 1188 posts

vlc4iphone + safari DL plugin might work, i've tried but haven't had much success. This is a big problem, i get sms 3gp's all the time and apple didn't offer an easy solution.

Maybe so but when you help over 50+ people a day and also have a job and people post such stupid questions without 1st looking decently throughout the forum it reall gets annoying, it's not hard to simply use the search function on the forum or read around a bit, especially on google, seriously and I don't see you posting help on near enough EVERY topic do I? No so when an admin posts a random google link on a post that is fairly useless don't get off your high horse and get annoyed with an admin, cause after all he's an admin, he can ban you without a warning!
Posted Image

lethalfriend

lethalfriend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Hey thanks for your suggestion, i will definitely keep looking into this and will post a solution as soon as i'll find one.

Cheers...:)

Edited by lethalfriend, 12 October 2008 - 02:45 PM.

GripDis

GripDis

iGrip

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Maybe so but when you help over 50+ people a day and also have a job and people post such stupid questions without 1st looking decently throughout the forum it reall gets annoying, it's not hard to simply use the search function on the forum or read around a bit, especially on google, seriously and I don't see you posting help on near enough EVERY topic do I? No so when an admin posts a random google link on a post that is fairly useless don't get off your high horse and get annoyed with an admin, cause after all he's an admin, he can ban you without a warning!

LOL someone got owned on this reply
Posted Image

shajiby

shajiby

iPhone Lover

• +Contributor
  • 3920 posts
how bout vlc4iphone?

iPhone 5 32GB Black - 6.1 Jailbroken

New iPad 32GB White - 6.0.1
Lockinfo 5 - Zephyr - Auxo - Bitesms

lethalfriend

lethalfriend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Thanx guys for your suggestions..i was a little busy, I just tried vlc4iphone 0.0.9beta and guess what it works like a treat..
Thanks again and happy video MMsing on iphone.

SpiKe

SpiKe

Retired Staff

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
how bout if u make a free server, 'Freehostia'.. upload all your .mp4's or .3gp's..
open up safari go to the page you got all vids, press to download, but instead of downloading it.. press 'play in MediaPlayer'

that should get you going :)
Give Rep Up if you found my post interesting or helpful :)..

shajiby

shajiby

iPhone Lover

• +Contributor
  • 3920 posts
also, things like airsharing apparently play any files too...could try that

iPhone 5 32GB Black - 6.1 Jailbroken

New iPad 32GB White - 6.0.1
Lockinfo 5 - Zephyr - Auxo - Bitesms

deenybird

deenybird

Pwned

• Members
  • 855 posts
are you sure vlcplayer plays .3gp? if so, how's it work? do you have to navigate to the file in the safari DL plugin?

and airsharing? thats a mobile document viewer, how would that work?

lethalfriend

lethalfriend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

are you sure vlcplayer plays .3gp? if so, how's it work? do you have to navigate to the file in the safari DL plugin?

Yes I am sure that vlc plays .3gp because I tried that last night. There is a browser in VLC so that you can browse your .3gp files from any folder placed on your iphone. Normally it's var/mobile/media/vlc....

I always receive .3gp video clips from friends via mms so that's the only reason for me to keep .3gp files, otherwise i have no intention to keep them. Swilrymms doesn't play any .3gp so i needed a player to play them on iphone and finally VLC solved this problem for me.

xoo88

xoo88

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
just looking how to play 3gp at iphone, I just try it can play dTunes (can dl from cydia), yeah yeah ! problem fixed!!!

JulyHodge

JulyHodge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

if you want to play the 3ga file on iPhone, you need to convert the 3ga 2 mp3 first, then use itunes to sync the mp3 file to iPhone.

I recommend you this powerful tool

hope useful

Villacdtj

Villacdtj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

MP3 and M4A are iPhone more compatible formats. If you want to play your 3ga file on iPhone, you have to rename .3ga to .mp3 or convert 3ga file to mp3 or m4a. Here is a full guide about how to rename or convert 3ga file for you.

IPB skins by Skinbox