• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

CaptinMal

CaptinMal

Browncoats Unite!

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
ok so i was installing a theme through cydia and all of the sudden my iphone completely shut down (not respring). it restarted itself but now cydia wont open. when i click it it open for about two seconds and then when it goes to reloading data it crashes. is there anything i can do to fix this or do i need to restore??? also ive restarted my iphone twice after it happened and that didnt do anything... thanks for any help any of you guys can give me! :)

Edited by rconnolly, 17 August 2009 - 07:19 PM.
resolved issue

x-bot

x-bot

x-bot

• Ad-Bot
  • Ad post

t33jay

t33jay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
No need to restore your device but you may need to restore Cydia though.

Try this to mend it http://www.xsellize....ead.php?t=56905
or
http://www.xsellize....ead.php?t=56882

To reinstall Cydia http://www.xsellize....ead.php?t=52519

Edited by t33jay, 17 August 2009 - 11:12 AM.

IPhoneRM

IPhoneRM

iPhone Whisper'er

• +Contributor
  • 626 posts
Bro try to restore your all firmware or re-jilbreak it.. i hope your problem will be fix it soon.. GL

beezee

beezee

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
imo the fastest and i think less complicated method to solve your prob;em is re-jailbreak - 5mins work and you got it

jusnutts

jusnutts

Pwned

• +Contributor
  • 570 posts

ok so i was installing a theme through cydia and all of the sudden my iphone completely shut down (not respring). it restarted itself but now cydia wont open. when i click it it open for about two seconds and then when it goes to reloading data it crashes. is there anything i can do to fix this or do i need to restore??? also ive restarted my iphone twice after it happened and that didnt do anything... thanks for any help any of you guys can give me! :)

hey you can try cyder and remove the files in the install or autoinstall and reboot ur iphone or ipod and that should work let me know if it works or not and remember to hit thanks:)
iPhone 4 4.1

Merry Christmas To Everyone
Posted Image

CaptinMal

CaptinMal

Browncoats Unite!

• +Contributor
  • 550 posts
thanks for the help! im gonna try a couple diff ways now :)

jusnutts

jusnutts

Pwned

• +Contributor
  • 570 posts

let me know how it goes:)
iPhone 4 4.1

Posted Image

CaptinMal

CaptinMal

Browncoats Unite!

• +Contributor
  • 550 posts

Edited by rconnolly, 17 August 2009 - 07:19 PM.
resolved issue

t33jay

t33jay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
No need to restore your device but you may need to restore Cydia though.

Try this to mend it http://www.xsellize....ead.php?t=56905
or
http://www.xsellize....ead.php?t=56882

To reinstall Cydia http://www.xsellize....ead.php?t=52519

Edited by t33jay, 17 August 2009 - 11:12 AM.

IPhoneRM

IPhoneRM

iPhone Whisper'er

• +Contributor
  • 626 posts
Bro try to restore your all firmware or re-jilbreak it.. i hope your problem will be fix it soon.. GL

beezee

beezee

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
imo the fastest and i think less complicated method to solve your prob;em is re-jailbreak - 5mins work and you got it

jusnutts

jusnutts

Pwned

• +Contributor
  • 570 posts

hey you can try cyder and remove the files in the install or autoinstall and reboot ur iphone or ipod and that should work let me know if it works or not and remember to hit thanks:)
iPhone 4 4.1

Posted Image

CaptinMal

CaptinMal

Browncoats Unite!

• +Contributor
  • 550 posts

jusnutts

jusnutts

Pwned

• +Contributor
  • 570 posts

let me know how it goes:)
iPhone 4 4.1

Posted Image

CaptinMal

CaptinMal

Browncoats Unite!

• +Contributor
  • 550 posts
ok so i went looking for cyder and its for pc and i have a mac so i cant use that :( then i tried to follow t33jay's suggestion and reinstalled cydia and that finally fixed the problem but cydia is acting a little slow. i think im gonna reboot again and hopefully that will clear anything up that might be slowing it down. Thanks for all the help!

jusnutts

jusnutts

Pwned

• +Contributor
  • 570 posts

ok so i went looking for cyder and its for pc and i have a mac so i cant use that :( then i tried to follow t33jay's suggestion and reinstalled cydia and that finally fixed the problem but cydia is acting a little slow. i think im gonna reboot again and hopefully that will clear anything up that might be slowing it down. Thanks for all the help!

ok try that an see what happened or even try a reset
iPhone 4 4.1

Posted Image

GodXZY

GodXZY

Pwned

• +Contributor
  • 2967 posts
If anything is slow on your iPhone/iPod touch, a good restore always helps. ;)

jendol

jendol

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
I recommend to do restore, and re-jailbreak, otherwise you may create complication by installing app on top of unstable system

CaptinMal

CaptinMal

Browncoats Unite!

• +Contributor
  • 550 posts

jusnutts

jusnutts

Pwned

• +Contributor
  • 570 posts

ok try that an see what happened or even try a reset
iPhone 4 4.1

Posted Image

IPB skins by Skinbox