• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

ImpetuousRacer

ImpetuousRacer

Donator

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts
Here is the situation. Friend at work 3GS iphone froze up, did a restore. Then restored from backup (Which was about 5 months old) She doesn't remember what her passcode is that she used back then. It now disables the phone longer and longer with every try.

I was able to jailbreak with blackra1n, but do not have SSH.
Im unable to delete the keychain & springboard plist files I need to because I cant connect to the file system wiithout SSH.
WinSCP over wireless isnt possible because I cant unlock it to connect to wireless.

I tried a bhubhoi batch file, but I get "AFCRemoverPatch returned unknown error".

The only option seems like it is a program called injectpurple, which is made by some forensic guy named Jonathan Zdziarski that has a video posted all over, but I don't see the tool.

Any ideas for the next steps? Other Options? Thanks.

x-bot

x-bot

x-bot

• Ad-Bot
  • Ad post

gregtotheizzo

gregtotheizzo

OldFag

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Here is the situation. Friend at work 3GS iphone froze up, did a restore. Then restored from backup (Which was about 5 months old) She doesn't remember what her passcode is that she used back then. It now disables the phone longer and longer with every try.

I was able to jailbreak with blackra1n, but do not have SSH.
Im unable to delete the keychain & springboard plist files I need to because I cant connect to the file system wiithout SSH.
WinSCP over wireless isnt possible because I cant unlock it to connect to wireless.

I tried a bhubhoi batch file, but I get "AFCRemoverPatch returned unknown error".

The only option seems like it is a program called injectpurple, which is made by some forensic guy that has a video posted all over, but I don't see the tool.

Any ideas for the next steps? Other Options? Thanks.

Restore and never restore from a backup...

always set up as a new phone.

lll2for3lll

lll2for3lll

1-505th P.I.R.

• +Contributor
  • 1641 posts
Tough one. Did you steal this phone? LOL

Mac Mini | iPhone 4s 

ImpetuousRacer

ImpetuousRacer

Donator

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts
Think I figured it out.
-Jailbreak with Blackra1n
-Restore with custom firmware by Pwnage Tool
-Restorebackup
-Run bhubhoi batch file (Will work now since blackra1n doesnt have AFC file needed, but Pwnage firmware does)

Will report back shortly.

gregtotheizzo

gregtotheizzo

OldFag

• +Contributor
  • 827 posts

Think I figured it out.
-Jailbreak with Blackra1n
-Restore with custom firmware by Pwnage Tool
-Restorebackup
-Run bhubhoi batch file (Will work now since blackra1n doesnt have AFC file needed, but Pwnage firmware does)

Will report back shortly.

Why would you Jailbreak to restore with a custom firmware?

also if the phone was restored to 3.1.2 using official apple software then blackra1ned for the jailbreak...a custom firmware won't work and give you a 16XX error.

ImpetuousRacer

ImpetuousRacer

Donator

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts
The thing is, she restored and lost all of her contacts, apps, info etc because her new computer wasnt logged in to itunes and she never synced it. Got her old computer out of storage so we could restore at least a big chunk of her contacts, apps, etc. However, her last restore was in August (the last time she used old computer). So she tried a few passcodes she used to use, but cant remember it.

ImpetuousRacer

ImpetuousRacer

Donator

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Why would you Jailbreak to restore with a custom firmware?

also if the phone was restored to 3.1.2 using official apple software then blackra1ned for the jailbreak...a custom firmware won't work and give you a 16XX error.

Because you cant load a custom firmware unless it's already jailbroken.

The 1600 error is only if I tried to restore and wasnt jailbroken. And to do that, I have a file on SAurik's sever, so I can patch the host file to load the stock firmware again if needed.

Info on why I would load a custom firmware...
"there is no way to install afc2add without wifi and even cyder wont help because it have no acces to system root

we have to please geohot to add afc in next relase blackra1n
i dont known why he dont give us access to root just after his JB ?"
"because it was causing problems with his jb."

the afc file is needed to be on there for me to get the hubhoi patch to remove the passcode.
Info on that patch here: http://forum.gsmhost...22&postcount=19

Edited by ImpetuousRacer, 23 December 2009 - 09:31 PM.

ImpetuousRacer

ImpetuousRacer

Donator

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts
YES! It worked!!!!!

Instructions:
1. Put in restore mode, and jailbreak with blackra1n
2. Then do restore to custom Pwnage firmware: http://xsellize.com/...custom firmware
3. Now plug your restored phone into itunes, and Restore from backup to get all your contacts, apps, etc back on (this puts the passcode lock back on)
3. Then download this patch: http://www.mediafire...php?vnw444lmojn
5. Follow these simple instructions: http://forum.gsmhost...22&postcount=19

You now have your phone back just as you had it but without the passcode lock. This is the method for people who dont have their passcode lock, and are originally on a non-jailbroken phone and dont have SSH.

A much better easier method is by using a program called "injectpurple" by Jonathan Zdziarski.
Check the video out here:
I couldn't find this program anywhere though.

All credit goes to bhubhoi for the patch and to Olethros at another forum for stating the fact that blackra1n doesnt have the file needed for this patch to work.
Hope this helps others out!

Forgot Details:
3GS 3.1.2
Itunes 8.2 (9 should work)

Edited by ImpetuousRacer, 23 December 2009 - 09:42 PM.

IPB skins by Skinbox