Aber1Kanobee

Aber1Kanobee

SE PDX

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1371 posts
Whirlpool 1.0-1

Download torrents remotely from Safari

Stumbled on this one by accident; was looking at new releases today and pulled up a stupid "toy" app called "Red Button" and the description for this app was under the description for Red Button. Anyway, after looking at the screen shots, I found the name and the rest is history...

This is such a cool app for people that Torrent a lot and have Transmission (or are willing to get it)!

A Mobile Safari plug-in that recognizes BitTorrent files and downloads them on your home PC or Mac running the Transmission client. Easy to set up and it works flawlessly. Seems like it was kind of hidden so I posted this free app hear to gain some additional exposure.

Whirlpool 1.0-1

http://www.multiupload.com/A1OUC7FJ2Q

Also available in Cydia

*Shows up as configurable Preference within your Settings Application, so if your addicted to adding preferences to your settings like I am, this is a must have. Nice "whirlpool" looking blue and white (29x29) icon as well.

Edited by Aber1Kanobee, 16 June 2010 - 09:01 AM.

x-bot

x-bot

x-bot

• Ad-Bot
  • Ad post

cf125

cf125

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
so if u run it on windows what client does it use since transmission dont work on windows
dont forget to hit the thanks ;)

Aber1Kanobee

Aber1Kanobee

SE PDX

• +Contributor
  • 1371 posts

so if u run it on windows what client does it use since transmission dont work on windows

Good point...I think you might be SOL; however, I couldn't find any conclusive info to verify or deny this not working (or finding/using an alternate source) for Windows users

supernes

supernes

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, I'm the guy who wrote this. I'm really happy to see it taking off even with me being lazy with promoting it ;)

Indeed this version works only with Transmission, but I know a lot of people can't use it or just like uTorrent better, so I'm actively working on adding support for that in the upcoming version. Keep an eye out for updates in the next few days!

tinybilbo

tinybilbo

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts
An update to include utorrent would be nice.
Thanks!

iPHONiX91

iPHONiX91

Donator

• +Contributor
  • 1196 posts
yessss good idea for utorrent :-D

junior14

junior14

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
That would work for utorrent for windows, but im pretty sure it would be impossible to do with utorrent for mac right now as the latest beta does not have a webui which is crucial in making this work. Alternatively, TorrenTRAK is a great cydia app too that allows you to fully control transmission quickly from your idvice.

tupac1986

tupac1986

Pwned

• Members
  • 589 posts
Adding utorrent would be great.. Thn i can start loving this app... :-D

geo411m

geo411m

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
great app. using it to access my torrent files from work.

steve

steve

• +Contributor
  • 784 posts
how does this work. I installed it and trying to get it to work. What am i supposed to do after install. I went into setings and set host and i dont know what else to do.?????? Am i supposed to be downloading a torrent on my pc already in order to control it? Am missing something here big time or i dont get something? Please help..

geo411m

geo411m

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

how does this work. I installed it and trying to get it to work. What am i supposed to do after install. I went into setings and set host and i dont know what else to do.?????? Am i supposed to be downloading a torrent on my pc already in order to control it? Am missing something here big time or i dont get something? Please help..

It allows you to click torrent links from your iphone and transmission from your mac will download the file. You can also remote control your other transmission downloads.

supernes

supernes

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
@steve - just fire up Safari and visit your favorite tracker, click a torrent download link and the UI will pop up.

BTW, if there are any other features or improvements you would like to see, either post a request here or drop me a line at snes dot iphone at gmail.

steve

steve

• +Contributor
  • 784 posts

@steve - just fire up Safari and visit your favorite tracker, click a torrent download link and the UI will pop up.

BTW, if there are any other features or improvements you would like to see, either post a request here or drop me a line at snes dot iphone at gmail.

So i dont have to go into settings and configure anything? Should i have my tramsmission on in mac or will it turn it on for me thru sfari on iphone?

supernes

supernes

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
You still need to enter the address and port in the Settings pane so that the app knows where to send the data. And yeah, you need to have Transmission running already, can't start it remotely ;)

depthnerd

depthnerd

Jailbroken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
What do you set as the host?

tripleked

tripleked

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

What do you set as the host?

The IP address or hostname of the Mac that is running transmission :)

Cowneko

Cowneko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Supernes,
Your little plugin is one hell of a good idea, but as a owner of an Ipad I encounter a major drawback, It seems like the plugin works fine as it pops up each time I click on a torrent link, but there's no setting pane of any sort, so I cannot configure my transmission IP and port. Can you look at it please?, cause the idea is really tempting.

malhaar

malhaar

The CoPy NinJa..

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts
better to try for good torrent application for iphone
Posted Image

Cowneko

Cowneko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Well, in my mind, the purpose of this app is to manage a transmission daemon from said: everywhere.
I've already tried Torrentulla (witch works great) but I really won't bother clogging the sparce iPad flash mem for stocking torrent witch will, in the end be transfered to my NAS
iPad is not a potentially good torrent box, but it's an incredible remote for virtually everything

But I see your point ;)

IPB skins by Skinbox