• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

orbliveguy

orbliveguy

Jailbroken

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
This may be a stupid question.....I have not updated my itunes in ages (currently on version 8.2.0.23) and I want to manually update itunes, since when I connect my new 32GB ipod, itunes says that this device needs itunes version 9.0 or later. I also have my 16GB iphone 3g JB'n w/Blackra1n linked with this itunes. I think this new ipod 32GB is on 3.1.2 FW and I don't want to chance Blackra1n not working by updating to the most recent itunes or requiring that other Blackra1n fix. So that being said....Question 1: Can I manually update itunes? ie. by (shift+right-click) on "check for updates" similar to past firmware upgrades/downgrades?
Question 2: If yes... for Question #1, then what itunes version should I go with to keep my devices Blackra1ned on FW 3.1.2?

x-bot

x-bot

x-bot

• Ad-Bot
  • Ad post

SoSly

SoSly

TheiPhoneSpot Owner

• Members
  • 1127 posts
Yes you can update manually by downloading an older version of itunes, you can find an older version by googling it. If your on a mac you can update to the latest version of itunes and it won't cause any problems. The problems are with windows and the latest itunes, so like I said just google an older version of itunes 9.0 for windows download it and install it like any other windows program.
Posted Image

iP0d

iP0d

iPodless.

• Members
  • 1165 posts
:Just open iTunes, go to the Help tab and click Check for updates.

GodXZY

GodXZY

Pwned

• +Contributor
  • 2967 posts
Go here and download the version you need.

32 bit - http://filehippo.com...load_itunes_32/
64 bit - http://filehippo.com...load_itunes_64/

IPB skins by Skinbox
-->