• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

samtheman410

samtheman410

Donator

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
After playing with the files from this thread, I found a way to get haptic feedback working on the iPhone 4 and iOS4 for older phones. The intensity and length had to be bumped up, as the original thread's files couldn't be felt on the iPhone 4 (or maybe all iOS4 phones), and the file structure has changed. I changed the SystemSoundVibrationPatterns plist to how i like the feedback but they can be changed again to your pleasing by editing the KeyPressed Intensity and Total Duration lines, as well as the TouchTone Intensity and Total Duration lines. I think it feels great as it is though

Installation -

Move SystemSoundVibrationPatterns.plist to System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework

Move SystemSoundBehaviour.plist to System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework/N90
***If you don't have an N90 subfolder, put it in the highest N folder there. Also, if it doesn't work the first time, try also moving it to the second highest N folder***

And reboot [good call dotAlexX]

Original - Attached File  iPhone4:iOS4 Haptic Feedback.zip   3.72KB   2035 downloads

Original with lock/unlock vibrations - Attached File  iPhone4:iOS4 Haptic Feedback (with lock:unlock vibrations).zip   4.45KB   1457 downloads

Shorter Vibration - Attached File  iOS4 Haptic Feedback (short).zip   4.56KB   966 downloads
This may feel better on older models than the iP4, and might be preferred by those who don't have cases on their iPhone 4

No click sound - Attached File  iOS4 Haptic Feedback (silent).zip   3.83KB   561 downloads

Lock/unlock vibrations with no keyboard or lock sounds - Attached File  iPhone4:iOS4 Haptic Feedback with lock:unlock vibrations and no keyboard or lock sounds.zip   4.86KB   388 downloads

Backups, to remove vibrations - Attached File  backup.zip   2.83KB   578 downloads

edit: this will also fix the current Haptic Pro problem of not having vibration for the keyboard on the iPhone 4 (or maybe iOS4 wide)

Key Clicks needs to be turned on in settings for this to work, as the vibration relies on the sound trigger (even if the phone is silenced). This goes for all versions, including the one without clicking sounds.

Edited by samtheman410, 16 January 2011 - 02:00 PM.

x-bot

x-bot

x-bot

• Ad-Bot
  • Ad post

rinnr

rinnr

Donator

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
i just got it off Cydia and it works fine.
I am the stone that the builder refused, I am the visual - the inspiration, that makes ladies sing the blues, I'm the spark that makes your idea bright, the same spark that lights the dark so that you can know your left from your right. I am the ballad in your box, the bullet, in the gun, the inner glow that lets you know to call your brother "son", the story that just begun, the promise of what's to come and imma remain a soldier till the war is won...

samtheman410

samtheman410

Donator

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

i just got it off Cydia and it works fine.

Interesting. It stopped all vibrations from working for me

jayblizzo

jayblizzo

Whats an iPhone

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts
thank you.. my keybroad wasn't working but after using your files it works

dotAlexX

dotAlexX

Donator

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
When you replace your files, don't forget to reboot your phone for changes to take place.

Edited by dotAlexX, 02 August 2010 - 10:20 PM.

wolverine628

wolverine628

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
do i have to download haptic pro for these files to work or can i just place these files without installing anything else? thanks

samtheman410

samtheman410

Donator

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

do i have to download haptic pro for these files to work or can i just place these files without installing anything else? thanks

Nope, they'll just work as is

wolverine628

wolverine628

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Nope, they'll just work as is

thanks for the info, it worked, but does it only vibrates when you type, not when you click on apps and other stuff?

Edited by wolverine628, 03 August 2010 - 07:03 PM.

samtheman410

samtheman410

Donator

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

thanks for the info, it worked but just wanted to make sure it only vibrates when you type, not when you click on apps and other stuff?

Yeah that's right, only when typing (With the ringer switch in either position). If you want it to vibrate when you do other things, Haptic Pro will do that, but won't vibrate with keyboard clicks unless you install these files (for right now, I'm sure they'll fix the bug soon). I don't like the vibration with every single tap, so I just use these files anyway, without Haptic Pro

Edited by samtheman410, 03 August 2010 - 07:07 PM.

tdubwv

tdubwv

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
ok, the change is permanent because it completely deletes the other file so im uneasy about this. there is no turn off or anything....

samtheman410

samtheman410

Donator

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

ok, the change is permanent because it completely deletes the other file so im uneasy about this. there is no turn off or anything....

Just a few strings are changed. If you are worried about it, backup the old files by adding something (like [backup])to the name before transferring these replacements. That way, should you want to change it back, you just delete the replacement files and remove whatever you added to name of the original files

Edited by samtheman410, 03 August 2010 - 07:24 PM.

tdubwv

tdubwv

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Just a few strings are changed. If you are worried about it, backup the old files by adding something (like [backup])to the name before transferring these replacements. That way, should you want to change it back, you just delete the replacement files and remove whatever you added to name of the original files

thanks. i did this. waiting for restart now. i tried just a respring and no luck so i'm trying a full restart now.

samtheman410

samtheman410

Donator

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

thanks. i did this. waiting for restart now. i tried just a respring and no luck so i'm trying a full restart now.

tell me how it goes. usually a full restart is necessary

tdubwv

tdubwv

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Works AMAZING! I have an otterbox defender case so many vibrations are hard to feel and others are too hard. This is PERFECT!

samtheman410

samtheman410

Donator

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Works AMAZING! I have an otterbox defender case so many vibrations are hard to feel and others are too hard. This is PERFECT!

Haha, great, thanks

atomicmufin

atomicmufin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
so nobody's cracked hapticpro 1.2.3/1.2.1 then?

Edited by atomicmufin, 03 August 2010 - 07:31 PM.

elbe

elbe

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
any1 have a click sound empty ?

samtheman410

samtheman410

Donator

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

any1 have a click sound empty ?

I threw it together for you
Attached File  iOS4 Haptic Feedback(No click).zip   4KB   96 downloads

trocse

trocse

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Had this on my 3G, thank you for updating it for iP4... Love this hack :)

iR_

iR_

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
the one off cydia never gave me phone numeric pad vibrations in 3.1.3

and it didn't work at all in 4.0 for me. this worked like a charm.

i have a 3GS NewBootRom and i had to place it in N88 which is the highest.

IPB skins by Skinbox
-->