9 replies to this topic

mephistopoa

mephistopoa

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts
Hi there,

I was trying to update my 3GS from 3.1.2 (blackrain) to 4.0.1 using firmware downloaded from http://www.felixbrun.../iPod/firmware/ , so recboot did the job to put in restore mode, and after I clicked to restore from the file, it verifies with saurik server, then after a while it gives me error 13. I can kick back out of dfu mode, but so far no luck updating to 4.0.1 using this method
I'm using Windows 7 64bit

any suggestions?

Thanks!

x-bot

x-bot

x-bot

• Ad-Bot
  • Ad post

HungLeon

HungLeon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
error 13 is hardware failure

Headspin

Headspin

Donator

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts
^^ He is exactly right and this error happened to me when I had multiple usb devices plugged in... remove the usb devices and keep the iphone/ipod as the only device plugged in.. then try the restore. or else your only other option maybe another computer

Edited by iphone_d, 19 September 2010 - 09:51 PM.

mephistopoa

mephistopoa

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts
my problem is that keyboard and mouse are usb devices, the only thing else was a webcam which has been removed. i tried on a different windows 7 32 bit machine but got the same error

mephistopoa

mephistopoa

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts
I've just tried using remote connection to my pc with all usb devices included keyboard unplugged but it gave me the same error 13

mephistopoa

mephistopoa

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts
do you guys think this could be related to itunes 9.1 ? I'm not very keen to update to 10 as there is nothing wrong with 9, but who knows...

HungLeon

HungLeon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
that error came from your phone meaning your phone have hardware failure, not from the pc

mephistopoa

mephistopoa

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts
strange, my phone never ever got any problem

Headspin

Headspin

Donator

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts
http://www.hackint0s.../f148/50316.htm

Its not just a hardware failure sometimes its the stupid usb cord... all u need to do is use a laptop or somethin which has no external mouse, a usb cord from someone else, and restore... Ive had this problem and thought I was bricked but remember "the iphone cannot be bricked"

mephistopoa

mephistopoa

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts
I've user the genuine usb lead, a 3rd party one, different computers, and one without anything plugged into the usb ports using remote desktop control, I think next step is to try mac or perhaps vmware

IPB skins by Skinbox
-->