Advertisement

Donate

Skrill

Stripe

BitPay

Photo

Enable HD Video Recording on iPhone 3Gs(+Video Tutorial)

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

godslayer

godslayer

Jailbroken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts
Why isn't the possibility of choosing 1280*720 in your script? I thought 1280*800 has not the best results, as some wrote this here. I just tried it with a 3Gs of a friend, and the 1280*800 option makes quite bad videos (seems unsharper than the standard videos are, although the resolution is higher than normal). I really appreciate your work, but the result I am currently looking at, is not what I expected (and hoped for).

How can I change the resolution to 1280*720 myself? I guess it's just changing an entry in a file?

EDIT: Oh sorry, I had this wrong in mind. 1280*800 should be the non-stretching one, ok. So why does my hd-video look so unsharp or wavy or something?

Edited by godslayer, 11 November 2010 - 02:38 AM.

x-bot

x-bot

x-bot

• Ad-Bot
  • Ad post

N3v3rm1nd

N3v3rm1nd

Advanced Member

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
any updates ??

nevershoutchris

nevershoutchris

Jailbroken

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts
Enabling HD video recording mode caused my facetime (faceit) to freeze the phone app at every attempt to make a facetime call. :(
Can you fix this?

alse7li

alse7li

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
thanxxxxxxxxxxxx :thumbsup:

N3v3rm1nd

N3v3rm1nd

Advanced Member

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
1280x800 is stretched and looks bad ... somebody got a version where 1280x720 is integrated ??? thanks !!!

dwarner

dwarner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Wow! this is awesome! When you select the option to check the plist script is already there, and if you try to choose the plist already exists, just interrupt and say, you're already recording HD or SD. Recorded this on my 3G, and as you can see, is of good quality, even in low light conditions - and smooth as butter in a hot pan on the phone.

orbliveguy

orbliveguy

Jailbroken

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Enabling HD video recording mode caused my facetime (faceit) to freeze the phone app at every attempt to make a facetime call. :(
Can you fix this?

Did you ever find a fix for this?

nevershoutchris

nevershoutchris

Jailbroken

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Did you ever find a fix for this?

Nope, sadly :(

been resorting to Tango and fring

Draco91

Draco91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
now my camera.app is broken...

EDIT: now it works fixed it thx to the guy who made the script (soz forgot ur name)

Edited by Draco91, 28 December 2010 - 11:57 PM.

Jhonf

Jhonf

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
Is it possible to download this script somewhere? Looks like repository is down..

Sorry, it's working and you can download file directly from _http://free.informatiqueconseils.net/deb/hdvideo3gs.deb (hope it won't disappoint the owner)

Edited by Jhonf, 30 December 2010 - 09:18 AM.

fugo

fugo

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
anybody used IMCApture for Facetime ( www.imcapture.com ) ? I heard many people prefer to record calls with this app....

lilmikey20

lilmikey20

Jailbroken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
does this work for 4.3.1? can somebody please try this because i wanna make videos in hd with imovie also

Edited by lilmikey20, 22 April 2011 - 04:06 AM.

pyr0gan

pyr0gan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
On 4.3.2 this .deb breaks the Phone app and splits the Media Player into iPod and Videos. I have no idea why, but it does.. I'm trying to fix it after having uninstalled the .deb, but so far no luck. If anyone knows what needs to be done to make the Phone app and MMP app icons come back to the springboard, I'd love to hear it.

Update: Springtomize custom capabilities returned the Phone icon and unified the Media Player again, so bullet dodged.

Still, I'd advise 4.3.2 users to avoid the hassle and stay away from this tweak.

Edited by pyr0gan, 30 April 2011 - 02:57 PM.

lilmikey20

lilmikey20

Jailbroken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
works updated for 4.3.3
http://www.inspiredg...-for-ios-4-3-3/

Menneisyys

Menneisyys

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Guys,

I've been working on a very simple-to-use Cydia app that doesn't interfere in any other tool or setting (as it's not based on simple file copying).

Check out it in the Cydia repo winmobiletech.com/cy !

The sources are freely available; they're at http://dl.dropbox.co...CamEnhancer.zip

You may also want to read my related articles; for example, the one at http://forums.toucha...ead.php?t=99456

ahmedb123

ahmedb123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
does this work for iphone 3g?

Jhonf

Jhonf

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

does this work for iphone 3g?

No, because it's camera sensor doesn't satisfies specifications.

IPB skins by Skinbox