415 replies to this topic

mh123lol

mh123lol

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

change the bytes at 0x8f6ce to 01 20

Easiest way to do it is to install vim as then you get the xxd command. This is exactly how I did it on my phone:

Dorkodile:~ root# cd /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/
Dorkodile:/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support root# cp CommCenterClassic CommCenterClassic.save
Dorkodile:/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support root# cp CommCenterClassic CommCenterClassic.hack
Dorkodile:/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support root# apt-get install ldid
Dorkodile:/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support root# apt-get install vim
Dorkodile:/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support root# echo "008f6ce: 0120" | xxd -r - CommCenterClassic.hack 
Dorkodile:/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support root# ldid -s CommCenterClassic.hack 
Dorkodile:/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support root# cp CommCenterClassic.hack CommCenterClassic
Dorkodile:/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support root# sync
Dorkodile:/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support root# reboot

will do that later i dont wanna kill my phone because of stupid mistake and those happen to me when im in hurry:P One last thing are you on officially supported carrier and can you change APN settings its extremly important?

Edited by mh123lol, 03 September 2011 - 04:06 PM.

x-bot

x-bot

x-bot

• Ad-Bot
  • Ad post

SupraJames

SupraJames

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

will do that later i dont wanna kill my phone because of stupid mistake and those happen to me when im in hurry:P One last thing are you on officially supported carrier and can you change APN settings its extremly important?

I am using an official carrier, but yes I can edit the APN settings which I need to do to enable tethering, so the APNs are certainly editable with iFile after this hack.

mh123lol

mh123lol

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

I am using an official carrier, but yes I can edit the APN settings which I need to do to enable tethering, so the APNs are certainly editable with iFile after this hack.

heh ok will try that later I hope it's gonna work

SupraJames

SupraJames

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

heh ok will try that later I hope it's gonna work

Good luck!

Also - IMPORTANT - I made a typo in my message that I have since corrected. The hex offset to change is 0x8fc6e and NOT 0x8f6ce! So make sure to use that value in the command line:

echo "008fc6e: 0120" | xxd -r - CommCenterClassic.hack

mh123lol

mh123lol

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts
Thats In raw file real adress is 90C6E or 90c6e i preffer hex editor btw. Also i believe there is a little difference between ip4 and ip3gs commcenter

aneagle

aneagle

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Thats In raw file real adress is 90C6E or 90c6e i preffer hex editor btw. Also i believe there is a little difference between ip4 and ip3gs commcenter

90c6e is when loaded in memory because it's loaded at 1000, 8fc6e is in raw file and commcenter is the same for 4 and 3gs.

mh123lol

mh123lol

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

90c6e is when loaded in memory because it's loaded at 1000, 8fc6e is in raw file and commcenter is the same for 4 and 3gs.

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support$ ldid -S ccc
util/ldid.cpp(567): _assert(78:arch != NULL)

eemmmmmm what the hell???

SupraJames

SupraJames

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support$ ldid -S ccc
util/ldid.cpp(567): _assert(78:arch != NULL)

eemmmmmm what the hell???

Try with a small s

mh123lol

mh123lol

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Try with a small s

worked but my phone is dead ****... restore knocking:/

SupraJames

SupraJames

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

worked but my phone is dead ****... restore knocking:/

Oops. Well try again... maybe copy-and-paste my commands next time to avoid mistakes.

If you're doing something different to what I did, like moving the file off, using a hex editor, and restoring the file over SFTP, make sure CommCenterClassic has 0755 permissions with "chmod 0755 CommCenterClassic". Not necessary with my procedure as the cp command preserves permissions.

mh123lol

mh123lol

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Oops. Well try again... maybe copy-and-paste my commands next time to avoid mistakes.

If you're doing something different to what I did, like moving the file off, using a hex editor, and restoring the file over SFTP, make sure CommCenterClassic has 0755 permissions with "chmod 0755 CommCenterClassic". Not necessary with my procedure as the cp command preserves permissions.

DAMN PERMISSION I SET THEM TO 777 aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Ok gonna do that properly:P

SupraJames

SupraJames

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

DAMN PERMISSION I SET THEM TO 777 aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Ok gonna do that properly:P

I'm not sure that in itself would have caused the problem. 777 still sets the execute bits, it just means the file is writable for all not just root.

Either way, once you've restored try with my exact procedure while logged in over OpenSSH, as I know it works ;)

mh123lol

mh123lol

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

I'm not sure that in itself would have caused the problem. 777 still sets the execute bits, it just means the file is writable for all not just root.

Either way, once you've restored try with my exact procedure while logged in over OpenSSH, as I know it works ;)

Yeah it probably is the case i had similar problem before with restoring sms.db with 777 permisions it was crashing all the time.

SupraJames

SupraJames

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Yeah it probably is the case i had similar problem before with restoring sms.db with 777 permisions it was crashing all the time.

Sounds like you kinda know what you're doing... just slow down and be careful ;)

mh123lol

mh123lol

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Sounds like you kinda know what you're doing... just slow down and be careful ;)

Done everything is working now:) Those carrier.plists are messed up completly

Halibutt

Halibutt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello all. Could someone point me to instructions on how to patch it for 4.3.5? All hex instructions in this thread seem to be for various 5.0 beta versions.
Cheers

aneagle

aneagle

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Hello all. Could someone point me to instructions on how to patch it for 4.3.5? All hex instructions in this thread seem to be for various 5.0 beta versions.
Cheers

Somebody may be able to help if you can extract Commcenter for iOS 4.3.5 and upload.

Halibutt

Halibutt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Somebody may be able to help if you can extract Commcenter for iOS 4.3.5 and upload.

What do you mean (newbie here)? Here's the entire content of 4.3.5 /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support folder, feel free to download. sha1 hash for CommCenter is 009A3FDA5C2704169E19026E7F2F3FA7BF6BFB34

Or did you mean something else?

Cheers

Edited by Halibutt, 28 September 2011 - 06:49 PM.

aneagle

aneagle

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

What do you mean (newbie here)? Here's the entire content of 4.3.5 /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support folder, feel free to download. sha1 hash for CommCenter is 009A3FDA5C2704169E19026E7F2F3FA7BF6BFB34

Or did you mean something else?

Cheers

CommCenter is the same as in iOS 4.3.3, the patch address in the raw file is HEX85538, go back to post #103 and follow the topic you'll find how to manually do the patching and run the commands you find in post #153 right after you replace CommCenter with the patched version, the phone won't boot if you make a mistake.

Halibutt

Halibutt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

CommCenter is the same as in iOS 4.3.3, the patch address in the raw file is HEX85538, go back to post #103 and follow the topic you'll find how to manually do the patching and run the commands you find in post #153 right after you replace CommCenter with the patched version, the phone won't boot if you make a mistake.

Thanks. If it is the same, then the patch from post 109 or the version from post 113 (I gather they are essentially the same) should work just as fine, right?
Cheers

Edited by Halibutt, 28 September 2011 - 07:41 AM.

IPB skins by Skinbox