4 replies to this topic

zyu

zyu

Whats an iPhone

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts
Hi,

Just to verify if anyone here had successfully restored his/her iphone 4 from iOS 4.2.1 to 4.1 with tinyumbrella?

My iphone (iOS4.1) crashed on 2-Dec-2010. I used iTune 10.0.1.22 to restore back the iOS 4.1, but the iTune showed error 3194.

I started the Tinyumbrella with all my previous shsh stored, but the iTune still showed 3194 error.

after several failed attempts (with tinyumbrella OR redirest to Cydia), I installed iTune 10.1.0.56 and restore the iPhone to the new iOS 4.2.1.

I just wonder if restore failure to iOS 4.1 is due to shsh?
Is there anyone with 4.1 shsh stored in cydia failed to restore back to iOS 4.1?

x-bot

x-bot

x-bot

• Ad-Bot
  • Ad post

dinobravo6

dinobravo6

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1070 posts

Hi,

Just to verify if anyone here had successfully restored his/her iphone 4 from iOS 4.2.1 to 4.1 with tinyumbrella?

My iphone (iOS4.1) crashed on 2-Dec-2010. I used iTune 10.0.1.22 to restore back the iOS 4.1, but the iTune showed error 3194.

I started the Tinyumbrella with all my previous shsh stored, but the iTune still showed 3194 error.

after several failed attempts (with tinyumbrella OR redirest to Cydia), I installed iTune 10.1.0.56 and restore the iPhone to the new iOS 4.2.1.

Is there anyone with 4.1 shsh stored in cydia failed to restore back to iOS 4.1?

Youre doing something wrong, especially since I believe that apple is still signing 4.1 I know they were def signing 4.1 back on the 2nd.

r0bop0lo

r0bop0lo

I Bite

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2501 posts

Hi,

As long as you definitely have your 4.1 SHSH Blobs saved you should have no trouble downgrading. Make sure TinyUmbrella is running the TSS Server, because if not you'll receive error 3194.

Youre doing something wrong, especially since I believe that apple is still signing 4.1 I know they were def signing 4.1 back on the 2nd.

I just checked a couple of minutes ago and I was unable to retrieve SHSH Blobs for anything under 4.2b3 on the iPhone 4.

Posted Image

InEvX

InEvX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
I restored my phone back to 4.1, two days ago. I kept getting some error.

I just used tiny umbrella and kicked it out of recovery. Even with the itunes error, when the iphone worked perfectly with 4.1.

zyu

zyu

Whats an iPhone

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts
Thanks guys for your quick replies!!!

I finally was able to downgrade to iOS 4.1 using tinyumbrella-4.21.01.

I think there should be something wrong for my primary PC running Windows XP.

I changed to another PC and performed same tasks... And no more error 3194...

For your reference if you had same strange problem as me.
Tools used for downgrading are as following:

• PC with windows 7 (fresh installed os)
  • iTune 9.2.1.5 (I did not like the iTune 10.1.0.56)
  • tinyumbrella-4.21.01 (downloaded all shsh from Cydia into the PC first, before start the TSS Server)

IPB skins by Skinbox
-->